Thursday 11 July 2013

Karol and the Hand - Work in Progress


This is as far as I have got with a new project, a pencil outline on greaseproof paper.  This is the fiddliest section of the outline that I am going to stitch, a little hand.  It is taken from my brother in law's favourite photograph, a picture of Karol, a little cousin in Poland looking out of the window at the snow.  He is silhouetted against the snowy scene outside.  Months ago my brother in law, Richard, asked if I could do a wall hanging based on the photograph.  I have finally figured what I am going to try - whether it works is a different matter.

I am going to make a stencil so I can transfer the design onto some plain dark blue cotton, then do free motion quilting around it.  If it works, more posts will follow.  If it's a complete failure, I'll own up, but it could take some time.

Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say...

2 comments:

  1. What fun to make a quilt from a photo. Quilts with people in them are so special. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! It will be interesting to see what Karol has to say about it. He's a big boy of 5 now and a bit of a laugh.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...