Friday 28 February 2014
Experimenting with Free Motion Landscape
A free motion landscape is something I have wanted to try for ages. It was one of the items on my list of projects to do this year for the 2014 NewFO Challemge.
Today I have finally made a start. This is supposed to be the outline of a hedgerow. At first it looked far too much like seaweed. After I had put in another line of stitching it didn't look too bad, then I realised I had done it upside down - I meant to have the pale creamy yellow at the top, not the bottom.
So far, so bad.
Anyway, practice is practice, and if it only ends up as a test piece to see how the different coloured threads work with each other then it will have served some purpose.
Linking up today with Barbara's blog Cat Patches for February's NewFO
and Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Leah Day's blog for Free Motion Friday