Sunday 23 July 2017

A Picture for Sunday - Plums


Usually I have to wait until late summer until I can go fruit picking in the hedges, when the sloes and blackberries are ripe.  This year we have a bounty of plums.  There is a cycle path near our house, and two or thee years ago young trees, including plums, hazels and roses, were planted alongside it.  This year the plum trees are laden.  I have already made a batch of jam with the lovely golden mirabelles, and I have cleared space in the freezer for the red ones so I can look forward to some colourful cooking.  

3 comments:

  1. Hubby's aunt used to make plum jelly. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen yellow plums before! They look luscious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice - not sharp but sweet, and somehow they taste yellow.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...