Thursday 19 September 2013
Free Motion Rudbeckias
This the latest experiment, done on a fat quarter sized piece of fabric. I wasn't sure what I was going to try this week. I had a notion that I was going to do a design based on an unusual beer can, but when I visited Mary Ellen's blog and saw her wonderful pictures of her trip to Germany, the whole plan changed. She has a photo of a beautiful garden full of autumn flowers, so I decided to have a go at rudbeckias.
First I did the flower in the centre, with the three flower heads coming from a central stalk.
Next I put in a shorter flower on either side, each with two flower heads.
When I do this pattern again I shall try and make the stems shorter and fit in more flowers. I didn't really plan what I was going to do at the top. I thought the pattern would work itself out and that I would be able to arrange the stems more easily, but I started confusing myself at the top. An advance sketch might have helped.
Welcome to Susan, the latest follower - thank you for joining!
Linking up again with Leah Day's blog for Free Motion Friday
... and Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday