Tuesday, 21 January 2014
A Scrappy Cot Quilt
Yesterday I started making a top for a cot quilt. Here are the strips laid out, not in the final arrangement, but some sections are already joined together.
I had a jar full of left over ends of strips that I had used for binding, and lots of odd shaped remains of fat quarters. Joining up all the tiny strips to make larger scrappy strips takes far longer than I would like it to - this isn't quite the ultra quick project I thought it might be - but I am enjoying it nevertheless.
Repeated cutting of strips means I have ended up with a miniscule rectangle of the bright red.
When I made the sewing machine cover I was incredibly lucky to have enough of the border to use as binding, and ended up with only about an inch and a half left over. The left over scrap is now in this quilt top - it is next to the green flowers at the top right.
Welcome to Ulla, the latest follower - thank you for joining!
Linking up today with Connie's blog Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday - lots more projects to see there!