Friday 18 August 2017

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 150 - Busy Behind The Scenes

Doing without a camera is difficult.  If it weren't for the weekly link up this would be such a boring pictureless blog!  

I haven't been idle, though.  I have four little cradle quilts quilted, one bound and the binding ready for the other three.  At least I will have something to show for myself when I get my camera back.  The problem I am having now is one of self control.  The temptation to buy more fabric isn't easy to stave off when you start making pieced tops after a few months' break.

Here goes for Week 150.

The project that caught my eye in Week 150 is Louise's Peas in a Pod. 
If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and have a closer look.






If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia, Ireland and Brazil have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Muv, isn't it hard to resist those new fabrics? I can usually go a couple of months, but then, wham! it hits me....and I just have to give in :-) Actually as I clean up my quilting supplies I'm finding all kinds of fabrics that have been put aside with a UFO. I may have to finish one, just to get the fabric back! No FMQ so no linking up this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...