Friday 26 January 2018

Twiddle Blanket With Working Buttons


This twiddle blanket is something of a departure.  After making several blankets so far decorated with flowers and buttons, I decided that this one should have just buttons.


The cream panel in the centre has real functioning buttons with a button band and buttonholes.


The blingiest button of them all is right in the middle of the blanket.


This cream button has a bit of twinkle to it too.


Apart from the aran weight cream yarn in the centre, I used  two strands of yarn throughout and played with colour.  The bright multicolour yarn was from a small ball of 4 ply that I found in a charity shop.


The little splashes of deep pink and of olive green are from the same basket of oddments. 

The overall effect remind me of men's jumpers in flecked wool, with the emphasis on blue and dark colours.


It isn't all totally grown up, though.  The pale blue with yellow and pinkish flecks is bit left over from a cardigan I made for my son when he was a baby.  I expect I will come across the cardy stuffed in a cupboard sooner or later and wallow in a good half hour's attack of nostalgia.  He was a hilarious baby.

Linking up with Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! A scrappy knit blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea! I'm guessing that a twiddle blanket is closely related to a fidget quilt, but I'm not sure. Looks like a good use of leftover bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, it is the knitted version of the same thing. I have joined a church knitting group and the twiddle blankets go to a local hospital to be given to dementia patients.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...