Sunday 9 February 2020

A Picture for Sunday - Sheep in the Mist


Sheep are by far my favourite farm animal.  You can eat them, knit them, coo at the lambs and photograph them.  Whenever I visit another country, when I come back and see a field of sheep I know I have well and truly arrived home.

This photo was taken on a misty, frosty morning a few days ago.  Now we are being battered by a storm that has blown in from the Atlantic... just when I thought we were seeing promising signs of spring.

4 comments:

  1. The sheep look like they are about to pop! Lambies for next Sunday's photo! Today we had our first duck egg - I imagine storm Ciara (and I notice they called it something else in the Netherlands) scared it out of her. Prime suspect Daisy - I have Dixie, Cooter and Duke - the Ducks of Hazzard! Looking into alpacas as guards and a couple of sheep - the longwools. Then you can come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are looking rather round, aren't they?
      Alpacas and sheep... you will have to spin your own wool. Sounds like fun ahead!

      Delete
  2. Love your photo. Sorry about the weather, I'm afraid that will happen here as well in the near future. I have been going back in my photos swooning over the beautiful flowers that come up in our yard in spring/summer. I just know that we are destined for more snow before then! We've hardly had any this year! It seems so strange but I'm not complaining! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! February can be such a miserable month. It's a good job it's shorter than the rest.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...