The weighted blanket is nearly finished! This week I put on the binding on. A slapdash job if ever there was one. With a quilt there is a nice clean edge to work with, whereas this brushed cotton was shifting about all over the place. I also did some of my all time worst mitred corners. This isn't one of them.
All the buttons are on, so the pockets can be fastened up. Slowly and surely I am filling them.
Every pocket will contain a weighted pad. I am using two layers of thin wadding with muslin on the outside, and putting plastic pellets inside the space between the two layers of wadding. The pads are divided into 6 inch squares, and I am putting approximately 2 ounces of pellets into each square. So far I have made twelve sandwiches, so that leaves me with twenty three to go.
Already the blanket seems to weigh a ton when it is folded up. I stretched out on the settee to try it out. Once the weight is spread out over you it is surprisingly relaxing. I never realised it could be quite so pleasant lying under a load of flat bean bags.
Here goes for Week 301:-
Many thanks to Leanne for linking up last time with her Windows quilt. If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more.
Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.
Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-
1. Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.
2. Link back to this post in your own post.
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.