Here is the panel with the quilting completed.
The teapots have an extra layer of wadding so they stand out in relief - this post shows the method.
To stitch around the edge of the appliqué I used the trusty Singer 99K hand machine and the hinged cording foot, as shown on this post here
Next I filled the background with free motion quilting on the Singer 15K treadle. It's a bit fiddly getting into the small spaces, but worth it for the finished effect.
Fortunately I had a variegated thread with shades of pink and green so it went perfectly on both colours of the background.
Once I had finished the quilting I cut the panel into two pieces, each measuring 13 x 9 inches.
I'm hoping to have this project finished by tomorrow so you can see the end result and perhaps make one of your own... the mystery will be over and this post will have a brand new title!
And again I am linking up with Leah Day's free motion quilting blog so you can visit other blogs showing some lovely projects... These Friday link ups are a brilliant idea, I really need the kick to make me practise!