After last week's experiment following the pattern on a printed fabric, I decided that I would try making up a pattern on a plain colour as I went along. The leaf and flower shapes in the printed fabric had given me a few ideas.
This is what I have done today - three wavy lines which became the central stems of some fanciful leaves and flowers.
These are my favourites. The first flower I did was to cover a mistake with a leaf, but I liked it so I did some more.
I have come to the conclusion that this is the best approach to free motion quilting for me. If I have a plan, it doesn't work. If I just start sewing and see what turns out, the results are better.
Linking up again to Leah Day's blog for Free Motion Friday.