Thursday, 19 December 2013

A New Project


It is a while since I started a big project, so earlier this week I rummaged through my bag of beautiful Oakshott shot cottons and striped fabrics to start a new quilt.  The idea is that I will be working with gorgeous colours and using patterns I have already tried out on the free motion experiments I have been doing over the past few months.  This time I am using cotton wadding - for the experiments I used cheap and cheerful polyester - so the finished texture is softer.

These leaves and berries are no known plant, but it grows in great profusion in Fmqland. (Gosh, doesn't that read like England when the double vision sets in after mince pies and one brandy too many).  For the berries I have to thank Aeroflot, and the leaves are scaled down vine leaves.

It is such a great pleasure working with the vibrant colours, and also I have an excuse to try out lots of different variegated threads.  It is a bit of a shame the light is so bad at the moment so I can't get a better photo.

Linking up again to Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and to Leah Day's blog for Free Motion Friday 

2 comments:

  1. A newFO! I hope you'll bring it to the December party on 12/31!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...