Wednesday 4 December 2013

On the Bed for Winter

It has just got cold enough to add the extra layer to the bedding, so we now have this quilt on the bed.  I made it about four and a half years ago, doing all the piecing on the machine I inherited from my mum, an 1897 Singer 28K, the star of the first two Youtube videos my husband I made. 

This quilt was the first one I had made for years, and I had not yet worked on quilting at home - lack of time and space had a lot to do with it.  I had the long arm quilting and binding done by Midsomer Quilting.  They did a fabulous job.  It's not such a brilliant idea to have the quilting cutting through the appliqué design, but I wanted the quilt finished, so I didn't care.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline - and it is so nice to be using it rather than have it stashed away.

      Delete
  2. Hello Muv,

    What a lovely quilt!
    And I simply adore both the colours and the design of that applique. It's so pretty!

    I too prefer to use a quilt rather than just showcase them.
    Unfortunately my bed quilt in progress had to be put on hold for a bit, because I'm introducing a new cat to my other cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marianne.

      Best of luck with the cats - I hope the fur doesn't start flying.

      Love,
      Muv

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...