This little dress cost £2.50 from a charity shop, bought specially so I could cut it up.
It was in good enough condition to be used as a play dress because it wasn't actually falling apart. It had nice flat felled seams at the front of the shoulders,
and a bound neckline with a bit of staining - probably pasta sauce, a great favourite with toddlers.
About three weeks ago I got busy with the scissors and cut it up to make a pattern.
Here is the video showing the whole process.
And here is the finished dress made with the home-made pattern...
... complete with pretty trim around the sleeves...
... and neckline (note no pasta sauce yet)...
... and finally, the most exciting part of all, the first buttonholes I have made with the buttonholer.
This has been a really enjoyable project from start to finish. I used the 1949 Singer 15K hand machine for all the machine stitching, except for the buttonholes, where I used the Singer 201K treadle.
Now I can't wait to make the next little dress.
Linking up with Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Leanne's blog Devoted Quilter for TGIFF
and Barbara's blog Cat Patches for the March NewFO - meanwhile the February NewFO free motion landscape is proceeding at a far more leisurely pace...