Thursday 6 November 2014

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 20 - After Three and a Half Days in Bed...


... with a rather unpleasant virus, I finally got back to work today on the latest 12 x 12 picture, which is a seascape.  The sea was fairly straightforward, grading the shades of blue and sea-green.  The chalk cliffs turned out well, too.




Then I did some wild dark threatening clouds.  Great idea, but at the moment it just looks like a load of messy scribble and I am resigned to the possibility that I might have wrecked a fairly decent project.

Oh well.  Perhaps it might look better in the daylight tomorrow morning.

Frankly I am more pleased about weaning myself off invalid food than my picture at the moment. You never know, I might even get dressed properly tomorrow and wear real clothes instead of ragbag pyjamas and a dressing gown.

Meanwhile, I hope you have all had a much better week than I have!


blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg

So here goes for week 20...

Firstly, many thanks to  Zenia, MaartjeHilaryGwyned and Rita for linking up last time  - a great collection of projects.  

If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  .
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far bloggers from USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany and Holland have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

Linking up with Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
and Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday 

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to see your finished seascape with the clouds. I love the sea and the cliffs.
    Love from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will find a way to rescue this. The sea and cliffs certainly work well. Hope you make it out of your pjs soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaja! The big breakthrough came yesterday - got dressed, went shopping etc. etc. As for the clouds, I think I might be getting there. Meanwhile, nature is imitating art. It's seriously chucking it down this morning

      Delete
  3. Muv, I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly. I think your clouds look perfectly threatening...no ruination at all. And I'm loving those 'white cliffs of Dover.' Hang in there, and get well fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I'm fine again now. It was just a five day special. With a bit of luck the seascape will be finished late today or tomorrow morning.

      Delete
    2. Looking very much forward to seeing the whole piece. The water is beautiful! Makes me want to play with thread. So glad you are feeling better now.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...