Sunday 15 September 2019

Filling in Shadow


A little at a time...

The green shaded area on the left is the darkest shadow in the whole picture, so I used the darkest green I have to lay the foundation.

The slow approach is paying off.  The dilemma is that the actual process of stitching has to be fast, but I have to rein myself in to stop it being fast and furious.  It is all too easy to get carried away and stray into the wrong area of the picture, and wreck it before you have even properly started.  

To check I was on the right track with the composition, I got my husband to stand on the opposite side of the room, and then I held up the work in progress.  For the first time he could see the picture emerging.  The fact that he knows the path well, and the photo I am working from, undoubtedly helped, but it was great encouragement for me to see his reaction.


Free Motion Mavericks this week is at Andrée's blog Quilting and Learning and I'm linking up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Muv, it's great that your husband recognized the area - you're obviously on the right path (bad pun but intended :-) )
    Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...