I have quilted a few more olives, and they work really well on this dark red and black stripe. This was the panel I was quilting when the problems really started. The thread kept breaking, and after the fourth break I decided to stop blaming the thread and change the needle. That was when I discovered the sorry state of my needle supply. The next needle I put in made the characteristic thunking noise to tell me it was blunt, and I had to rummage in my tin again and reconcile myself to the fact that I shouldn't mix used needles with unused ones.
After seven or eight thread breaks and three changes of needle the quilter's nightmare happened. A little bit of black oil-soaked fluff dropped down, and of course it had to happen when I was sewing on a pale pinky yellow. I had to dash into kitchen and dab on some bicarbonate of soda. Let's just say that the stain is now mainly gone, but I still have another process to try.
Here goes for Week 383:-
Many thanks to Andrée for linking up last time, showing pieces entered for the Conversations exhibition. If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more.
Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.
Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-
1. Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.
2. Link back to this post in your own post.
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.