My easiest free motion quilting project for a long time... straight(ish) lines, following the print of the fabric. This is the Thames fabric that I bought in December, which is now being made into a lap quilt. It seems that winter may finally be arriving. The day started with a hard frost, and this evening it has been snowing - about an inch so far, which could well all thaw tomorrow. I could tell we were at risk of snow by the draught blowing through the house from the East. Ideally I should have had this quilt finished already, especially as my husband has had a cold has been feeling the chill.
Despite the fact that the quilting is so simple, it seemed to take a while to finish. It was an awkward size to manage, and I ended up using three different threads, as I ran out of the main colour I was using, and used up what was left on bobbins of two other colours to finish the quilting. Now all I have to do is the binding, and it should be finished this weekend!
Free motion Mavericks this week is at Andrée's blog Quilting and Learning - what a combo and I'm linking up!