Second attempt, using the first piece that I cut out last week. This time I decided to make a pouch rather than a cover that open and shuts with the book. I can just about squeeze a prayer book inside it.
When the book is inside the binding at the sides sticks out at right angles. Perhaps I should use it for a slightly smaller book.
The flap only just overlaps, so I won't be able to fasten it with a button and buttonhole. Loops for buttons are a possibility, or perhaps a clasp. I am still deliberating and rummaging through my tins of bits and pieces for ideas. For the time being a bit of cord will do the trick.
I have yet to sort something out for the book I originally wanted to cover. Let's hope it's third time lucky!
Free Motion Mavericks this week is at Andrée's blog
Quilting and Learning and I'm linking up!