Friday 3 May 2013

Free Motion Quilted Bedspread - Starting the Border


Work has started on panels to go around the border of the bedspread I am making for my daughter. I have chosen darker colours in similar style prints.  These strawberries go well with the other strawberry prints.



This rose design is lovely, but it took me a while to get used to the shade of pink.  It stops just short of being sludgy.



The backing is yellow because I have run out of pink, and I have enjoyed doing this pattern with the free motion quilting.



Unpicking this folded over corner wasn't such a marvellous experience, but I thought I would turn it into an exercise in serenity.  It didn't take half as long as I thought it might, which is just as well...

This post is being linked to Leah Day's blog for Free Motion Friday - plenty there for you to see!

8 comments:

  1. The folded corner sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Missy Shay,

      Do you think I should have got the other three corners to match? No chance of serenity if I had.

      Love,
      Muv

      Delete
  2. I have done that too. I love the strawberry fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool quilting design. Love your attitude about having to pick out the stitching, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know - almost every time I quilt something, I end up getting a corner or side or whatever stuck in the quilting. Even when I'm paying attention and insisting I'm not going to let it happen!! Lately I've been putting small applique pins on the edges to try to to avoid it. It helps, but then I have to pay attention to the pins. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan,

      Yes, I had a pin at the corner, but I'd taken it out because it was getting in the way. Perhaps I should sew over and say it was part of the design.

      Love,
      Muv

      Delete
  5. I like the design you used for the FMQ! I haven't seen one quite like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I've had a folded corner or two..Probably a dozen. It happens to me all the time. Nice job on your quilting. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...