Friday 5 January 2018

Winter Cardigan - Finished!


Down on the kitchen floor is the best place in the house to lay this cardigan out for a photo, but the colour keeps coming out bluish.  Why?  Light and the physics of it all are well beyond me.

Anyway, here it is and I'm chuffed to bits with it.  The hand knitted made to measure Christmas present from me to me.  Just what I needed, a snug winter cardy.


The shawl collar looks narrow when the cardigan is laid out, but when it's on it is a great draught stopper.


Knitting the rib for the collar shows the random yarn off to best advantage.  Also, because long rows of rib are so unutterably boring, looking forward to the next streak of colour kept me going.


I struck incredibly lucky when I went out shopping for buttons.

I only took a ball of the random yarn with me when I went out, and it wasn't until I came home that I saw I had found the perfect match for the dusky pink stripes.


The purple edging reminds me of quilt binding, but the corners are fearsomely fiddly.  Mitred corners are falling off a log in comparison.


The stitch and mixture of yarns I used worked out really well, with the warm side on the inside (on the left) and the stripes emphasised on the outside (on the right).

Now I am just finishing off the hat.  Then the weather can get as cold as it likes.

Linking up to Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Looks cozy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's just gorgeous - what a lovely treat to yourself to knit it for Christmas as well as having a snuggly jumper at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I finally pulled out a hand knit sweater to wear today on my errands. Single digit weather and heavy cabled sweaters are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely! Looks so warm and toasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for these horrible windy weather days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's stunningly beautiful. You've made a gorgeous present for a very worthy recipient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Fran, but it's great getting a present from someone who knew exactly what you wanted.

      Love, Muv

      Delete
  7. The yarn and colors in your cardi is beautiful. How great that you got something you like and know will fit just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...