Sunday 18 November 2018

A Picture for Sunday - Aquamarine


My first encounter with aquamarine, a colour I have always thought a bit overrated, but seeing it in waves about to break on the shore of the Mediterranean had me transfixed.  The water was so clear and the sunshine so bright that the ripples looked like shoals of fish rushing through the shallows.  For an instant I was fooled, so I stood for ages watching, and snapping away to see if the camera could capture the joy of it all.  This picture is the winner, because not only did it catch the wave breaking and the sunlit ripples, but also, if you look closely, you can see how the water has broken up the light to give a prismatic effect.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely Muv. I sure could use some of that sunshine and water. It's grey with snow and it's slowly melting which means slush and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super photo. I love the way you caught that wave and the depth - so clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! Can't believe I was walking along that beach only last Sunday.

      Delete
    2. Bit of a temperature shock coming back here, eh! I'm glad you dragged some sun back with you though. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! Those waves were magical.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...