The best name for the indecently short skirt that I have just made for my daughter. I never imagined I would ever make her a pelmet, but I have. It is fully lined and fits perfectly, and she looks pretty scandalous in it.
It is in fact stage 1 of the underskirt to go under her wedding dress. It needs some layers of net to give fullness to the skirt of the dress, and the top section is designed to fit snugly on her hips. At the moment it is creased and could do with a wash before I start on the main part of the underskirt, which will be attached to the hem.
It fastens at the back. Rather than use a zip, I decided buttons would be better, because if I got the fit slightly wrong, it is always easier to shift buttons rather than adjust a zip or darts. The buttons are old mother of pearl buttons that I have had hidden away for years, so I was glad to have finally found a use for them, and also give her something old for the bride's traditional "something old, something new..."
Here goes for Week 337:-
Many thanks to Gail for linking up last time with her animals quilt. If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more.
Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.
Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-
1. Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.
2. Link back to this post in your own post.
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.