Thursday 21 September 2017

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 154 - Binding and Backing


One of my favourite fabrics ever is running out.  I love these butterflies!  The fact that they are printed in monochrome doesn't detract from their beauty.  They are accurate representations of butterflies I recognise and often see (peacocks, red admirals, orange tips), and some I would love to see more often (for instance, the Camberwell beauty, of which I have only ever seen one, in Poland). 

Today I have been putting the binding on a cradle quilt, and earlier this week I stocked up on fabric so I have plenty of backing when I make more.  How long will it take me to get through nearly fifteen metres of backing fabric?  I'd better get cracking with some more quilt tops.


Here goes for Week 154.

The project that caught my eye in Week 153 was Olena's tie dyed sampler.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and have a closer look.







If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.



Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia, Ireland and Brazil have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Olena's tie dyed sampler too. Good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's bittersweet to be using the last of a favorite fabric, isn't it? I can see why you love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...