Framing a stitched picture is one of those jobs that always takes at least fifteen times longer than I think it should. This time I am using a box frame that I bought some time ago, and framing it in the same way that I did the last landscape. Choosing the right green to outline the picture in the frame was relatively easy. I made the choice last night, but waited until this morning to check the colour in daylight to make sure. The thread on the right won.
Today I have used the Willcox and Gibbs to stitch the outline. Fortunately I remembered how to thread it. The nerve-wracking bit has been all the measuring involved, which came down to eighths and sixteenths of an inch. I have yet to measure exactly where to place the holes of the back board of the frame. Tomorrow I shall hand the board to my husband so he can drill the holes in exactly the right place. I have already had enough measuring and right angles for one day. Precision isn't my strong point. I have to take it slowly.
Free Motion Mavericks is at Andrée's blog this week, so I'm linking up.