Thursday 16 February 2017

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 126 - Blue Meets Beige


Now for another quick finish.  After finishing a big project that took nine months there is nothing more therapeutic than churning out a couple of cradle quilts in as many weeks.  Anyone would think I had just given birth to twins.

This quilt is made to the same pattern as the "not pink" creation I made last year, except this one is definitely blue. 


Lots of the old favourite nursery prints have made an appearance, including the trains on turquoise and the washing on the line...


... and the stars and stripes print has ended up next to stars and stripes on the line.


I love the beige check used for the dividing strips.  I can't believe I just said that I love beige, but this check is such a versatile fabric, and is actually a woven check, unlike the blue, which is a print.


The reindeer and Christmas trees print on the back tones in really well with the beige check. 

I need to be enthusiastic because I have got loads of the check fabric, so I have to learn to love beige. 

No, I still can't believe what I am writing. 



blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg




Here goes for Week 126...

The project that caught my eye in Week 125 was Olena's stunning meadow quilt.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and have a closer look.







If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia, Ireland and Brazil have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.


Linking up with Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Michelle's Romantic Tangle for Let's Make Baby Quilts
and Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.


5 comments:

  1. I love that backing fabric -- so festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But a bit out of season. Would any baby care?

      Delete
  2. Actually Muv, I do love that beige check. I think neutrals give a feeling of peace - they are soothing. I love using them. This quilt is adorable. Will you give it to a little boy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernie. I'm all for peaceful colours on a quilt for a baby. They are definitely boy colours, but I haven't got a particular baby in mind.

      Delete
  3. The box of neutrals in my stash isn't exciting, but I sure dip into it a lot. I think a tiny beige check could be the ultimate neutral...goes with white and off white, and is a classic geometric.

    Olena's quilt is so gorgeous! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...