Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Quiz



This is page 129 of Practical Home Knitting published by Odhams in 1949, full of patterns for all the family.

This title of this pattern is " For a young man about the house  ...  Useful polo-neck sweater"

I hope this teen-age youth took good care of this polo-neck sweater, wore it only at week-ends and wasn't too rough with Mother's careful ribbing.  All told, he's looking pretty baleful.  Perhaps she'd ticked him off for leaving it under a pile of dirty socks.

I always found this picture rather amusing, until one day I suddenly realised that it is in fact completely rippingly hilarious.  Can you see why?

Answer next Saturday.

Hello Meridlin.  Thank you for joining!

9 comments:

  1. I believe it's a man's head on a woman's body!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather unusual pectorals, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems they photoshopped a man's head on to a woman's body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking myself that it was a rather womanly looking figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hips are also a dead giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh ladies, what are you thinking of? This is a respectable blog. Prepare yourselves for a surprise next Saturday.

    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like Roger Moore ( an early James Bond ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Alcea. He def. has that Roger Moore smoldering gaze!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...