Friday 14 December 2012

Doll Quilt - Lily's Choice


This is the quilt that Lily helped with - you might remember reading about the great day Lily and I had a few weeks ago working on a quilt top in the morning and making a dress in the afternoon at Cordial and Grace sewing café.

When Lily arrived here in the morning I had a pile of twelve fat quarters in dark colours and twelve in light colours, and I asked her to pick five from each pile.  Then it was time to cut 2 inch wide stripes, and I asked Lily to arrange them in order, alternating the lights and darks, for sewing.  Lily did a bit of the sewing - we used my 1897 Singer 28K for the piecing - and also the ironing.  We didn't have time to complete the top that morning, but Lily was thrilled to see the strips being turned into squares.



Later on I added the border and did the quilting and binding on my 1927 99K, kissed the quilt goodbye and posted it off to Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...