It's almost a year and a half since I finished this landscape, and finally we are getting round to framing it. My husband has made a frame for it, and today I have been working on mounting it on the board. Rather than using card, I decided to use fabric to surround it. The cotton fabric is a lovely creamy ivory colour, just right for the job.
For the outline, I used one of the threads that I had used in the picture. The Willcox and Gibbs machine makes a nice bold line of chain stitch. Thank goodness I have the manual, because I have to check how to thread the machine every time I use it.
This was one of those jobs that takes a few minutes to think out and about three hours to actually do. Plotting the position of the stitched outline and centring the landscape itself onto the back panel took the best part of the afternoon. Now it is over to my husband for the next step. The wood of the frame needs to be darkened just a shade, so he is going to try out some test pieces tomorrow so we can see them in the daylight and choose the best colour.
Free Motion Mavericks this week is at Andrée's blog Quilting and Learning and I'm linking up!