Friday 14 September 2012

Doll Quilt - A Nice Pot of Tea


This was the next quilt I made for the Quilting Board doll quilt swap.  I checked first whether my partner liked tea, because so many Americans just drink coffee and don't touch tea.  Thank goodness she gave me the right answer, because I was dying to do a teapot.



This was the first appliqué shape I did using a paper stencil.  Getting the angle of the handle and spout was tricky until I hit on the idea of drawing around the teapot.  

All told, I was fairly pleased with the result.  The quilting gave me grief, and I think it shows, but the less said about that the better.  A doll quilt swap is all about taking part, trying things out  and learning, and for your efforts your partner sends you a present in a big squashy envelope..  

2 comments:

  1. This is just lovely. I am so glad that I found your space. I sew on a treadle 99K which came with quite a bit of attachments. I was wondering if you would do some You Tube videos demonstrating how to use them. If you have time, of course :) It would be very helpful.

    Peace be with you,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria

    Treadle 99K - sounds great!

    Attachment videos are on the list of things to do, but it is a longer list than I would care to admit. So far I have done the easy ones... seam guide, underbraider and edge foot.

    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...