Monday 3 September 2012

Stitching in the Pub

Since March I have been working on a quilt to commemorate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.  At about the same time a new topic started on Quilting Board, the Patriotic Challenge, started by a couple of Canadian ladies who were looking forward to Canada Day in July.  The idea was that we should all encourage each other on our patriotic projects.

Because of all the hand sewing I have been doing, my project is taking months, but the end is in sight!

Having been abroad twice in the past few weeks, I didn't want to fall behind with the project, so on each occasion I took my sewing with me.  A couple of appliqué flowers were blanket stitched in Spain, and the pine cones and some acorns and oak leaves were blanket stitched in Poland. Because we were so close to the Czech border I took my sewing with me on a trip we made there and did five or six quick stitches on an oak leaf in a Czech car park.



The ladies on the Patriotic Challenge all thought it was a great lark, and then a voice piped up from Indiana.  "Why don't you do some stitching in the Pub?", followed by another from Canada saying "Yes, and take pictures to prove it!"

So here's a picture.  A couple of pints for the lads on Saturday afternoon, and a lemon tea and the chair with the Union Jack cushion for me.  A very relaxing little sewing session.

1 comment:

  1. yes I always take stitching with me and yes I take it to the pub too...why not ?......xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...